Jr. High Youth Group is for all 7th and 8th grade teens. It meets Sunday nights during the school year from 5:30 to 7:00 PM in the Junior High Youth Room!
We like to have a lot of fun and help teens build positive relationships with each other; however, our main purpose is to help teens have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior, Lord, and highest treasure.
A normal flow of youth group would include a snack and hangout time, a group game, a large group lesson, and a follow-up small group time. We believe that building personal relationships and trust among the students is the best way to foster spiritual growth, so small groups is a key part of our ministry.
We also have several big events throughout the school year, including an overnighter in the fall and a weekend trip in the winter. Keep an eye out for updates as those trips approach!
2017 Summer Events
Come join us for some fun, food, and fellowship this summer as we get ready for the 2017-2018 ministry year!
June 15: Day at the Lake (2-6 PM)
- Ray VandenToorn’s house: 10727 Gun Lake Road, Middleville, MI 49333
- Come join us for games, food, and a whole lot of crazy at Gun Lake for our first event of the summer! Bring a swimsuit and towel, we’ll provide the rest!
July 15: Bonfire Night (7-11 PM)
- VanRhee home
- Come on over for a night of backyard games, roasting marshmallows, and more! We will have marshmallows, but no dinner, so eat before you come!
July 29: Paintball Extravaganza (1-5 PM)
- Meet at the Nagel home: 4550 92nd St., Caledonia, MI 49306
- Join us for an afternoon of paintball, food, and fun around the pool!
TBA August Date: Local Service Project
- These details are still being worked out, but we will be gathering together for a service project for the local community in August, and look forward to being a light in God’s kingdom!
Jr. High Bible Study
Join our Jr. High Bible Study on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8 PM. This is the portion of our ministry that allows us to begin to develop a heart for the Word in Jr. Highers, giving them the tools to study the Bible on their own and introducing them to overarching themes of God’s story throughout history.
Remember, our schedule follows the rest of Peace Church’s children’s ministry of Bold Boys and GEMS on Wednesday nights, taking place on the first, third, and fifth (if applicable) Wednesday of every month. (September-May)