WHO: 7th and 8th Grade
WHEN: 5:30–7:00 PM, Sundays from September–May
WHERE: Jr. High Ministry Center (Room 109)
Our Jr. High Ministry loves to have a lot of fun and help teens build positive relationships with each other; however, our main purpose is to help teens form and foster a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior, Lord, and highest treasure.
A normal flow of youth group would include a snack and hangout time, a game, a short lesson or teaching, and a follow-up group time. We believe that building personal relationships and trust among the students is the best way to foster spiritual growth, so groups are a key part of our ministry.
We also have several big events throughout the school year, including an overnighter in the fall and a weekend trip in the winter. Keep an eye out for updates as those trips approach!
This year we are going back to GRACE ADVENTURES with our 7th and 8th graders for a weekend of fun and spiritual nourishment. In addition to registering/paying here, make sure to see the other required forms.
Required (Click for LINKS):
- Peace Consent Form (Unless previously filed)
- Grace Adventures Consent Form/Registration
- (Additionally attached is an informational packet for Grace Adventures)
What to Bring:
- Toiletries (soap, towel, toothbrush, DEODORANT)
- Warm, outdoor, comfortable clothes
- Snow gear (gloves, hats, scarves, snow pants, boots)
- Pajamas and lounge clothes
- Bible, notebook, pen
- Closed-toe shoes
- Flashlight (optional)
- Spending Money for Camp Store (optional)
DO NOT BRING:
- Non-prescription drugs
- Prank items
- Phones (Unless parents prefer they are brought. Phone use will be highly limited)
- Any medication that a students needs should be kept by a leader
Jr. High Bible Study
Join our Jr. High Bible Study on alternating Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 PM. This is the portion of our ministry that allows us to begin to develop a heart for the Word in Jr. Highers, giving them the tools to study the Bible on their own and introducing them to overarching themes of God’s story throughout history.
This year we are going through Matt Chandler’s “Beautiful Design” series for teens. We will be looking at the creation account found in Genesis and talking about what it means to be made male and female.
Remember, our schedule follows the rest of Peace Church’s children’s ministry of Bold Boys and Brave Girls on Wednesday nights, taking place on the first, third, and fifth (if applicable) Wednesday of every month (September–March).
Remaining Dates: Jan. 16, Jan. 30, Feb. 6, Feb. 20, Mar. 6, Mar. 20